Friday 7 January 2011

A night-time Epiphany in Tesco, Norwich

I had a revelation tonight during my late-night shopping in Tesco following my Friday evening gym visit. A new interpretation of Matthew's Gospel was revealed to me at the end of the Crisps, Nuts and Snacks aisle. I turned the corner and found a display of the gifts brought by the Wise Men to the house in Bethlehem, and all of a sudden I was given a deeper understanding of the Greek text.

Matthew 2: 11
And coming into the house they saw the child with Mary the mother of him, and falling they worshipped him, and opening the treasures of them they offered to him gifts, mini Caramel eggs, mini creme eggs, and a chocolate bunny.

After all, "Every little helps."

1 comment:

  1. I blame the endorphins. I think Revelation was written by someone who had just been pumping iron.

    ReplyDelete