Tuesday 12 February 2013

Well and truly shriven

What would Shrove Tuesday be without pancakes? So the evening meal was a rather good Chicken & sweetcorn soup (from Tesco, nice and thick and full of both the main ingredients), followed by na baked potato filled with Boursin (mmmm garlic - no vampires dare come near me tonight), and then finally pancakes - with lemon and sugar, and then with golden syrup. With a mug of coffee I then watched the film "Cowboys & Aliens" - a good cast (Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford) and a good romp through the Wild West battling green-blooded invaders. All the bits for the Ash Wednesday service are sitting ready in my study, so onward into the next 40 days and nights. (I dislike Lent ..... I prefer my spiritual disciplines to be voluntarily taken rather than imposed at a set time period.) The "Big Brother" approach is typified by this wonderful Sunday School card ....
If I was Granville, I'd have told Miss Beckman where to put her empty chair ......

1 comment: