Thursday, 2 June 2011
Up, up and awaaaaay !
Acts of the Apostles 1: 4-12.
4. And lo, He saith unto them, Stay put in the city, something not altogether insignificant is about to happen.
5. And behold, He seemed thereafter to change his mind and led them out of the city, unto Bethany, which is an high place indeed.
6. And the disciples did nod and wink at one another exceedingly, for they knew that strange and holy things alway happened unto them in high places.
7. For, indeed, these were places of exegesis, and deep in symbolism.
8. And verily, no sooner had they got there, He raisest up his arms, and lo, he was gone.
9. And there was no whoosh. Nay, not even a flash of light.
10. And two men in white robes suddenly appeared unto them and saith:
11. "Why standeth thee here? The show is over. Depart in peace."
12. And lo, they returned to the city and diligently went straightforward unto church thinking, What an odd Thursday. Shame there weren't more people there.
The Wenchoster Bible