Friday 21 March 2008

Good Friday


Just into double figures for this morning's Stations of the Cross, and then 17 for the BCP Evensong this afternoon. I don't yet know about the middle hour (12-1), but no doubt I'll be told soon.

Six people for hot cross buns at 4.00 p.m., and we indulged in "seconds" and "thirds" as I had plenty to go around.

Now all is quiet until tomorrow evening and the Easter Ceremonies.


Living God, at this evening hour your Son our Lord Jesus Christ lay in the tomb and so hallowed the grave to be a bed of hope for all who put their trust in you; give us such sorrow for our sins, which were the cause of his passion, that, when our bodies lie in the dust, our souls may live with him, for he is now alive and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever.

The Office of Compline

2 comments:

  1. That looks so atmospheric. I wish I were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do I .... the photos were taken in Brugge (Bruges), Belgium, last year, where they excell in over-the-top religious objects and furnishings. I try to go there on Retreat just before Christmas, and have a few days to wallow in the baroque.

    ReplyDelete