Wednesday 8 December 2010

Since I'm not going to Brugge ....

I've taken a couple of days in London again.


Walking down from St. Paul's I came across the church of St. Martin-within-Ludgate where there was a lunchtime recital just about to begin, so I went in and enjoyed an hour of classical music from the Dego/Leonardo Duo, Francesca Dego on violin and Francesca Leonardi on piano, playing Schumann's Sonato No.1 in A minor Opus 105, Mozart's Sonata in B flat major K.454, and Paganini's Caprices Opus 1, 5 and 10, concluding with his Opus No.8 "Le Streghe". It was a superb hour out of the cold north wind.


My route then took me through Trafalgar Square and down into Kensington where the Natural History Museum has its Winter Ice Rink and glistening trees. All very festive, and tomorrow I shall wander through the shops, probably looking rather than buying as I already have most of what I need for Christmas. But there might be something in Harrods ... so long as it's small and cheap!


1 comment:

  1. The last time I was in Harrod's in the late '90s, there were small things that were cheap but high priced.

    ReplyDelete