Friday 22 September 2006

Second attempt

I updated this Blog yesterday. Well, I spent some 15 minutes typing it out just on midnight, and then when I tried to upload it all I got was a message that Blogger was doing some routine maintenance and I couldn't access the site. And I lost the entire post. And now, 24 hours later, I can't recall what it was that I was writing about anyway! The ephemeral nature of a Blogger's mind ....

Work on the roof progresses, despite the heavy rain today. I was down In Ipswich for a clergy Training event so I didn't have to witness the sodden roofers nailing down the waterproof membrane, or ripping off the extra sheets I fixed across the gaps around the chimneys yesterday afternoon when I saw the weather forecast!

Ipswich is not my favourite place on God's earth. There's something about it that I don't really like. Norwich is my shopping centre of choice, and I'm very fond of that city. It has a completely different atmosphere about it, perhaps because it's a University town and it has a vibrant air with all the young people milling around. But Ipswich had its young today, with just as many outlandish fashions, but it also had several people stumbling along, eyes glazed, heading for their next "fix". I wasn't too impressed either with the guy who got onto the Park & Ride bus and who proceeded to open a can of Carlsberg Special Brew and drink his way to the town centre at 10.30 in the morning! Still, at least he threw his empty can into a litter bin and not onto the pavement. No, give me Norwich any day.

It's the Second-hand Book Sale at St. James South Elmham tomorrow, and I shall be over there all day helping to sell. There are thousands of books on all subjects, and if last year is anything to go by, we should be kept fairly busy. Last year's Sale, the first attempt at this kind of fund-raiser, netted some £650, so we have that as a target. We'll see.

So, before I try and post this one tonight, I think I'll copy the text onto a Word document just in case ....

No comments:

Post a Comment