Friday, 20 February 2009


Well, thanks to a little help from a friend, the old hard drive is now in the new pc and working as a "slave" ... (always wanted one of those!) ... which means that I can now access all the documents and templates stored on it. I can't access or run any of the promgrams on there, but I don't really need to. I've found that the Bluetooth dongle won't work with Vista, so I shall need to get a new one of those, and I'm just about to load on my Visual Liturgy software to allow me to concoct services, and I know this works as I've already put it on my laptop. I can also access the various sound files that are lurking on the old disc, some of which I'd forgotten I even had. Snatches from "Father Ted", "Star Trek" and "The Simpsons".

All in all, 95% is back, and the other 5% is not missed, so I've been very fortunate considering there are many people who lose everything in a "crash".

Unfortunately for the congregations of my 11 churches, I've also recovered my sermon files!

No comments:

Post a Comment