Sunday 15 February 2009

Sunday Funeral

Since a power cut some four weeks ago (also on a Sunday), the power switch on the main pc hasn't turned everything off. Even when shut down power was still routing to the mouse and a 4xUSB extension socket, plus a hand-held game controller. If I turned off at the mains, when I turned the power back on, great whirrings and thunderings came from inside the machine and the power button and hard disc drive light flashed merrily. Well today, I turned off at the mains to see if it would re-set the mouse socket. Great knockings from inside the machine again, and I couldn't get it to boot up.

Laptop now connected to the printer and sitting on the desk. Only trouble is, I keep trying to use the old keyboard and wondering why no characters are appearing on the screen!

A trip to a computer store tomorrow is now on the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment