Monday 13 April 2009

Bank Holiday Monday

I know that clergy don't technically get Bank Holidays off since they are secular rather than Christian holidays (at least, that is what I was taught in my first post), but in practice they are quite often quieter days since every other human being is off enjoying themselves. So I wasn't too put out when asked by a couple if they could come and see me this Bank holiday afternoon to talk about their forthcoming wedding. Accordingly I haven't gone out anywhere today, but spent this morning catching up on paperwork, and the early pert of this afternoon writing the first draft of next Sunday's sermon. And now the man has just telephoned saying they can't make it today as his other half is not feeling well. I just hope it's nothing trivial.

No comments:

Post a Comment