Tuesday 3 March 2009

Swings and roundabouts

The day started badly, missing the blue bin recyclable waste collection this morning, having forgotten to put the bin out at the end of the drive last night! Bum. Before the end of the next fortnight I shall have to sneak some waste paper into my neighbour's blue bin as she always has space.

But it got better. The web site "Freecycle", where people can ask for or offer items which are given freely, no sales allowed, is one I browse quite regularly. This morning I passed on an old fridge freezer to a young couple who were delighted to receive it. It's done me well, and when I looked at the paperwork it was bought on 8th December 1984! I received it from its original buyer a couple of years later. It cost a whacking £250 then, which was very expensive! It's never needed a repair and still works well. They don't make them like that anymore.



This evening I also passed on a spare VCR recorder to a young family whose own machine had started to chew up their tapes. They were pleased to get a replacement.

Good for them, and good for me, as Lent is a time for down-sizing.

2 comments: