Friday 10 July 2009

The Torch is out ...


Well, that's that then. The end of 5 nights of intense drama. Very dark subject matter, which just shows how far this programme has travelled from the early episodes of Weevils running around Cardiff. Great acting from all involved, especially the children who must have all leapt at the chance to be in "Torchwood".

The veneer of civilisation is very thin, and what we take for granted day after day would soon collapse given the right (or wrong) circumstances. Swine flu may do it yet now we have the first death, in Essex, of someone with no underlying health problems.

Lots to think about, and that's exactly what good TV should do. The BBC at its best.

2 comments:

  1. Oh oh, I just found out about Torchwood. I've got seasons 1 and 2 in my Netflix queue and Children of Earth is coming to BBC America July 20. I can't believe I haven't been watching this.

    ReplyDelete