Thursday 7 January 2010

Like wot I remember



At last, a proper winter such as I recall from my childhood. Snow on the ground for days on end, low temperatures with ice on the inside of the bedroom windows, warming oneself in front of a fire, hot drinks and food to heat the inner-self. Such a change from the mild, warm, and somewhat unhealthy miasma we've had for the last decade or so. Whilst it's a challenge to keep warm in a large 4-bedroomed vicarage, and I'm occasionally losing sight of the church opposite, I'm loving it!


I am of course well aware that for many, the cold is a real problem, especially for those on low incomes who cannot afford to heat their homes properly, and also for those without any homes to heat. But whilst I pray for them, I am not going to allow a feeling of guilt affect my appreciation of the natural cycle of seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment