Thursday 17 July 2008

At the end of the day

A busy day today, with a large funeral service at one of my 11 churches, followed by a cremation north of Norwich, which entailed me being out of the house at just on 1.00 p.m. and not back until 5.40 p.m. With a PCC meeting at 7.30 p.m. at one of the far-flung villages, it meant that I missed the regular evening office at 6.00 p.m. in another of the villages as I was cooking my supper so that it would only need reheating when I got back after the meeting, which I did at 8.45 p.m.

So at 9.00 p.m. I sat down to a bowl of steak & kidney casserole containing onion and garlic, new pots, carrots, mushrooms, and a small tin of french tomato puree to enrich the gravy. It was rather nice.


Tomorrow is a "desk-day" as I compile next month's magazine.

4 comments:

  1. Good. You'll need to remain sedentary to ensure successful food digestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice though!

    Your Charlie looks as if he's been packing the food away as well, despite his intolerances ....

    Thanks for visiting. Hope you call back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When do I get an invitation to dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Father - It depends when you're next in this neck of the woods .....

    ReplyDelete