Monday 25 May 2009

Update from a very wet Sussex coast

Bank Holiday Monday morning, and the Sussex coastline is extremely wet, and that's not just the sea! After a glorious Sunday, it's now raining heavily. The lunch with friends was planned to be a barbecue, and we still might send the unlucky chef out into the garden to cook under a large umbrella.

Drive down yesterday afternoon was straightforward. The M25 was at a standstill going northward as I joined, due to a 7-car accident further up, but southbound as was running smoothly. I arrived at my usual hostelry, the Old Ship just north of Lewes at about 6.50 p.m. and enjoyed one of their "Sunday Roasts". I chose the beef, and had four slices, a large Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, carrots and cabbage with bacon. I was then offered a warm bread roll and butter. All for under £10, which I think is very good value - certainly for this part of the UK.






I then called in to St Andrew's church at Bedingham, and was pleased to find it open to visitors at 8.00 p.m. Nothing special inside, just a pretty examplke of a Sussex country church, and it gave me a peaceful stop.


2 comments: